Tuesday, December 29, 2009

And so it begins...

Welcome everyone to Will's World - a place for the entire internet to hear my brilliant observations on life as we know it or, as is much more likely, a place for me to document the random, incoherent musings that spew from my brain on a daily basis!

Now perhaps telling you a little bit about myself to start things off will give you a flavor of some of the topics that might be covered along the way here.

I'm a 29 year old white boy from Charleston, SC. I'm married to a beautiful woman named Haley whose amazing personality leads me to believe I must be a pretty decent negotiator since I somehow convinced her that my childish ass was a suitable match for her. We don't have any kids but we do have two dogs which are serving as worthy substitutes until that time comes. I come from a pretty small but very loving family that has always been there for me and while I've lost a few folks from that group along the way (I do miss my father, my Gamy and my Granddaddy everyday of my life) we're still pretty much intact.

I've lived a few places in my lifetime: born and raised in Charleston through high school where I got away with a lot more than I probably should have with a great group of guys who remain my closest friends today (read: did an ass-load of partying in a relatively consequence free environment); I left Charleston in 1998 to go to college at Duke University where I skated by with what I like to call a "gentleman's B-" (read: did an ass-load of partying in an environment that did have consequences - a very rude awakening but I survived); towards the end of my college career I stole away to Europe for four months to live in Geneva Switzerland, travel throughout the continent and study international business (read: did an ass-load of partying in several different countries under the guise of "finding myself"); I graduated from Duke in 2002 at which point I moved to New York City where I lived for four and half years working in finance and enjoying everything the City had to offer (read: did an ass-load of working to go with the partying all under the guise of entering the real world); finally I moved back to Charleston in late 2006 to be closer to my family and start working for the family business which is a small private equity firm/family office that is focused in the aviation industry (read: the partying is over and now it's time for Willy to start growing up - BOOOOOO).

I think I've had a pretty interesting life so far (for a white boy from Charleston SC) so I decided to share some of that life with the public at large here. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment